Sea Level in Sausalito
- Date: 02/03/2018 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Bay Model Multipurpose Room
Sausalito, California 94965
Learn about the impacts of sea level rise in Sausalito and how you can help. The City of Sausalito Sustainability Commission invites you to spend a few hours with your neighbors learning about the unique issues affecting our town. This special event takes place on Saturday, February 3 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Bay Model in Sausalito, 2100 Bridgeway. All are welcome. RSVP is optional, but will help us predict attendance.
The program includes:
- A talk by Andrew Gunther, an engaging national speaker who will break down the basics of climate science & change
- A presentation by Will Travis, a Bay Area climate celebrity who will discuss the unique challenges affecting our local bay region
- A data-driven projection of how sea level rise will specifically affect Sausalito under several different climate scenarios, taken from Marin County's BayWAVE project
- An opportunity to learn some new climate change adaptation strategies by playing the award-winning Game of Floods, a fun and engaging way to prepare for the future