Be Seen, Be Safe! Walking at Night in Sausalito
Post Date:02/09/2018 12:30 p.m.
Don't risk getting hit by a vehicle while walking at night in Sausalito. The Sausalito Police Department has put together this list of safety tips for people (and their dogs) who enjoy walking after dark:Return to full list >>
- Use sidewalks and off-road paths, rather than streets, whenever possible.
- Walk facing traffic so you can see and react to vehicles.
- Use extra caution when crossing streets. Drivers do not expect pedestrians to be out walking at night.
- Increase your visibility by wearing a headlamp.
- Invest in reflective gear for yourself (shoes, clothing, hats, umbrellas, vests, etc.).
- Invest in reflective gear for your dog. Collars and leashes come in many reflective styles and help keep your pet safe, especially for dogs who walk in front, rather than to the side, of their owner.