Drone Ordinance Becomes Law on March 29
- Drones may not be operated outside of daylight hours, at a height of more than 400 feet above the ground, or at speeds over 20 mph
- Drones may not be operated within 25 feet of any individual (except the operator and except during takeoff and landing)
- Drones must always be within the line of sight of the person operating the drone
- Drones may not be used for audio or video recording where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy
- Drones may not be operated in such a way as to harass, intimidate, annoy, threaten, or vex another person
- Drone operators may not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Violators of the new regulations may be subject to fines and confiscation of the offending drone. To report a violation of the ordinance after it becomes effective on March 29, please contact the Sausalito Police Department at (415) 289-4170. The ordinance will be enforced on a complaint basis. Any questions about the new regulations may be directed to Lieutenant Bill Fraass at email@example.com.