The Role of the Disaster Preparedness Committee
- Review and recommend changes to the City's Disaster Plan
- Provide recommendations to the City Council on disaster preparedness programs
- Encourage citizen education in disaster preparedness
- Encourage citizen participation in disaster preparedness activities
- The five-member Disaster Preparedness Committee typically meets monthly on the second Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. in the EOC room at Fire Station 1, 333 Johnson Street in Sausalito.
- All meetings of the Disaster Preparedness Committee are open to the public
- Meeting times and agendas may be viewed on the meetings and agendas page for the Disaster Preparedness Committee
- There are five at-large members
- Members must be Sausalito residents
- Members must be appointed by the City Council
- The City Council encourages residents to apply to serve on the Disaster Preparedness Committee; if interested, please fill out an application form
- The term length is three years, with a maximum of two terms
- A member may continue to serve after her or his term expires, until a new member is appointed
- Chris Gallagher serves on the committee as the representative of the Bay Model and the Army Corps of Engineers
- The City of Sausalito representatives are Fire Chief Chris Tubbs, Fire Captain Doug Paterson, and Police Sergeant Bill Fraass
- There is currently a vacancy for a City Council liaison.
- The Staff Liaison is Bill Fraass, Lieutenant, (415) 289-4170 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To send a group email message to the commissioners, use this email address: email@example.com
- If you have any questions about the Disaster Preparedness Committee or an item under consideration, please contact the Police Department at (415) 289-4170
- The desk hours at the Police Department are Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.