The Role of the Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee
Provide recommendations to City Council for revisions to the City of Sausalito Bicycle Master Plan.
Provide recommendations to the City Council for revisions to the City of Sausalito General Plan Circulation Element and other Elements relevant to bicycle and pedestrian issues and review, evaluate, and address congestion management issues related to the City’s neighborhoods, South, Central and North, during the Circulation Element update.
Provide recommendations and on bicycle, pedestrian, congestion management and other circulation issues in the community.
Perform the duties of the Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee as specified in the Complete Streets Policy of the City of Sausalito adopted by the City Council of the City of Sausalito with Resolution No. 5653 of May 23, 2017.
Identify grant opportunities for the Public Works Department to pursue related to bicycle programs.
Proactively motivate bicycle vendors whose clients frequent Sausalito to cooperate with City-sponsored bicycle programs.
- The five-member Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee typically meets monthly on the third Monday at 6:30 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers at 420 Litho Street
- All meetings of the Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee are open to the public
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee meetings may be viewed live via webcast or as video recordings beginning on the day after a meeting takes place
- Meeting times and agendas may be viewed on the meetings and agendas page for the Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee
- There are five at-large members of the PBAC
- Members must be Sausalito residents
- Members must be appointed by the City Council
- A delegate from the Marin County Bicycle Coalition serves as a non-voting member
- The City Council encourages residents to apply to serve on the PBAC; if interested, please fill out an application form
- The term length is three years, with a maximum of two terms
- A member may continue to serve after her or his term expires, until a new member is appointed
- The City Council Liaison is Joe Burns, email@example.com
- The Staff Liaisons are Jonathon Goldman, Director of Public Works, and John Rohrbacher, Chief of Police (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com)
- To send a group email message to the committee members, use this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions about the PBAC or an item under consideration by the PBAC, please contact the Police Department at (415) 289-4170 or email@example.com
- The desk hours at the Police Department are Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.