On January 25, 2018 the San Francisco Planning Commission continued their consideration of Sausalito's appeal of the project to their meeting of February 22, 2018. View the agenda for the January 25 meeting here.
On December 6, 2017 the San Francisco Planning Agency issued a Preliminary Mitigated Negative Declaration (PMND) for the Alcatraz Ferry Embarkation Project. In addition to improvement to Piers 31 and 33 in San Francisco to provide ferry service to Alcatraz Island, the project also includes ferry service between Pier 31 1/2 and the existing Fort Baker pier as well as interpretive cruises around the bay. The PMND failed to adequately analyze and mitigate impacts of the ferry service to Fort Baker in Sausalito. The PMND includes flawed assumptions and lacks any analysis of the project's potential to substantially increase pedestrian, bicycle and vehicular traffic along Alexander Avenue and exacerbate the already severely, over-crowded conditions in Sausalito's historic downtown and waterfront. Therefore, on December 27, 2017 the City of Sausalito submitted an appeal of the San Francisco Planning Department's proposed Preliminary Mitigated Negative Declaration for the Alcatraz Ferry Embarkation Project.
Listed in Chronological Order
- May 18, 2015: Comment Letter from the City of Sausalito on the Draft Environmental Impact Statement
- January 24, 2017: Final Environmental Impact Statement
- December 6, 2017: Preliminary Mitigated Negative Declaration
- December 27, 2017: City of Sausalito appeal letter
- January 22, 2018: Bay Conservation and Development Commission meeting agenda, staff report and presentation materials
- January 22, 2018: Public Records Act Request from the City of Sausalito to the San Francisco Planning Department
- January 23, 2018: Public Records Act Request from the City of Sausalito to the San Francisco Planning Department
- January 23, 2018: Freedom of Information Act Request from the City of Sausalito to the National Parks Service
- January 25, 2018: San Francisco Planning Commission agenda and materials
- January 30, 2018: National Parks Service released prospectus for concessionaires
Sausalito Currents Articles
- January 26, 2018: City Appeals Planned Ferry Service to Fort Baker
- January 30, 2018, Marin Independent Journal: Sausalito fears Fort Baker ferry plan will add tourists