The Role of the Certificates of Participation (CoP) Oversight Committee
- The CoP Oversight Committee was created to ensure that all revenues received from the 2016 Certificates of Participation (CoP) supported by the voters on November 3, 2015 and approved by the City Council on December 1, 2015 are spent in accordance within the intent and scope of the approved CoP.
- The CoPs were issued in January 2016 to fund renovations at Robin Sweeny Park, Dunphy Park, Southview Park, and the Martin Luther King, Jr. complex (MLK).
A total of $7,197,965 was received in proceeds from the CoPs to be applied as $1.2 million each to Robin Sweeny and Southview Parks, $1.8 million to Dunphy Park, and $3 million to MLK. Rent proceeds from MLK pay the debt service on the CoPs.
- The five-member CoP Oversight Committee typically meets monthly on the third Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall Conference Room at 420 Litho Street
- All meetings of the CoP Oversight Committee are open to the public
- Meeting times and agendas may be viewed on the meetings and agendas page for the CoP Oversight Committee
- Must be a Sausalito resident
- Must be appointed by the City Council
- The Staff Liaison is Melanie Purcell, Administrative Services Director, (415) 289-4105 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To send a group email message to the committee members, use this email address: email@example.com
- If you have any questions about the CoP Oversight Committee please contact the Administration Department at (415) 289-4165 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions about an item under consideration by the committee, please contact Melanie Purcell, Administrative Services Director, (415) 289-4105 or email@example.com
- The Administration window in City Hall is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.