Due to the implementation of a new permitting system, the Community Development and Public Works Departments will be changing the counter schedule and availability for the following days:
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2018
Limited services will be available. No payments, permits, planning projects, or Public Works applications will be accepted or processed.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2018
The Community Development and Public Works counter will be closed for the day. NO inspections or counter appointments will be available for the day.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during these days and apologize for any inconvenience
What We Do in the Building Division
- Regulate construction to ensure that it is safe for occupancy or use through the issuance of Building Permits
- Every building permit requires a Building Inspection to verify compliance with the current California Building Code and Local Ordinances
- Assess Fines and Fees for construction projects
- Conduct Resale Inspections and issue Residential Building Record Reports showing the regularly authorized use, occupancy, and zoning classification of properties before they are sold
- Publish Monthly Reports of building permits issued in the City of Sausalito
- Maintain Forms and Guidelines to simplify interactions with the Building Division
- Any questions about the Building Division or a project related to the Building Division may be directed to (415) 289-4128, email@example.com, or the public counter in City Hall (Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Friday, 8:00 a.m. to noon )
- Please see our Staff Directory for the contact information of individual staff members