About Bicycle Parking in Sausalito
- Sausalito sees large seasonal influxes of tourists visiting the city by bicycle.
- The large numbers of tourist bicycles present a unique challenge to a downtown Sausalito area that is already crowded with visitors arriving by car or bus
- To mediate public safety concerns, the City of Sausalito's Downtown Bike Parking and Congestion Management Program operates during the peak bicycle tourist months to reduce congestion on our downtown sidewalks
Temporary Valet Bicycle Parking Area
- During peak months, Tracy Way is closed to motor vehicle traffic
- A valet parking area for bikes is created on Tracy Way to help keep bicycles off of Sausalito's crowded sidewalks
- Parking your bike in the valet parking area costs $3 per bicycle and makes it simpler for tourists to patronize Sausalito's downtown merchants while they wait for the ferry
Free Bicycle Parking Areas
- The Tracy Way valet lot is free to Sausalito and Marin County residents
- Free bicycle parking is available in unattended parking areas adjacent to downtown, like the bike parking area at the north end of Public Parking Lot #3
Only Park in Designated Bicycle Parking Areas
- The Sausalito Police Department encourages residents and visitors to refrain from parking bicycles anywhere downtown other than designated bike parking areas or fixed bicycle racks
- Sausalito City Ordinance No. 1222 authorizes the City to impound improperly parked bicycles and to charge a $25 impound release fee
- Downtown bicycle parking enforcement hours are from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- If you have questions about Sausalito's Bike Parking and Congestion Management Program please contact Lieutenant Stacie Gregory at (415) 289-4170 or firstname.lastname@example.org