Paying for a Parking Ticket
Checking the Status of a Paid Parking Citation
- To confirm your citation was paid, you may check the status of your parking citation payment in two ways
- By Internet: go to www.CitationProcessingCenter.com and search for your citation – you will see the payment status from the search results screen.
- By Phone: Call 1-800-989-2058 and choose the "Pay Citation" option – your payment will be indicated by the automated system.
- Please have your citation number or license plate number ready so that your payment can be properly researched.
Disputing a Parking Ticket
- You may dispute your parking ticket in two ways
- By Internet: Go to www.CitationProcessingCenter.com and search for your citation; once you’ve found your citation, click the button to contest the citation
- By Mail: Include the citation and your correspondence in an envelope addressed to: City of Sausalito, Citation Processing Center, PO Box 10479, Newport Beach, CA 92658-0479
- In your review request, you should explain the circumstances surrounding the issuance of the citation and why it should be dismissed, offering as much detail as possible
- When your review request is received, the matter will be put on hold so that the fine amount will not increase
- The issuing officer as well as their supervisor will then review the case and determine whether or not the citation should be dismissed
- You will then be informed by mail as to the outcome of the review request.
Citations Issued Outside of Sausalito
- If you've received a citation issued outside of Sausalito you should inquire with the issuing agency or check the information provided on the citation.
- Any questions about parking citations may be directed to the Sausalito Parking Authority at (415) 289-4170 or email@example.com