Stay up to date on Parks & Rec events on Facebook @sausalitoparksandrecreation
About Special Events in Sausalito
The City of Sausalito has a vibrant history of special events going back over 40 years. Our events include:
- Sausalito Souper Bowl - January 26, 2019
- Easter Parade and Egg Hunt - April 20, 2019
- City Wide Yard Sale - April 27, 2019 and October 5, 2019
- WAG Dog Festival - May 11, 2019
- Jazz and Blues by the Bay - Fridays May 31 - August 23, 2019
- Concert for Kids - July 13, August 10, September 14, October 12, 2019
- 4th of July Festivities - July 4, 2019
- Arias in the Afternoon - August 11, 2019
- Chili Cook Off- September 21, 2019
- Outdoor Movie Night - March 8, 2019 & October 18, 2019
- Halloween Sausalito - October 31, 2019
- Breakfast with Santa - December 7, 2019
Please contact Julie Myers, Recreation Supervisor Special Events, with any comments or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 289-4198
Parks and Recreation Calendar and FAQ
4th of July Festivities
- Date: 07/04/2019 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Location: Robin Sweeny Park
Caledonia Street at Litho Street
Sausalito, California 94965
4th of July Festivities 2019
Wednesday, July 4
- The parade starts at 10:00 a.m.
- It travels from the intersection of Second and Main Street down Bridgeway to Caledonia and ends at Caledonia and Litho Street.
- Bridgeway (from Napa to 2nd Street) and Caledonia (from Bee to Bridgeway) will be closed to through traffic from 9:45 a.m. till 12:30 p.m.
- Caledonia between Bee and Litho street will remain closed until 4:00pm to accommodate the Picnic
- Parade Entries
- Floats, bands, clowns, classic cars, acrobats, flowers, balloons and fun for the entire family. Everyone is encouraged to add to this traditional favorite
- Parade entries open April 1
- Click here to go to the Parade Entry site.
- You will need to Create An Account
- Then follow the Start Here tab to City Events
- Click 4th of July and Choose Parade Entry
- Starting at 12:00 p.m., there will be live music at a Robin Sweeny Park by the Jimi James Band.
- Food, dancing, family games, and the famous egg toss (there will be no tug-o-war this year)
- Food provided by the Rotary Club of Sausalito and the Sausalito Community Boating Center.
- Fireworks Show
- Gabrielson Park
- 6:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. music by Cap City Band
- Fireworks will begin at 9:00 p.m.
- Food Trucks and Beverage Sales
- Fireworks Tables
- Firework tables will go on sale on June 4.
- Tables are $120 for Residents and $130 for Non-Residents
- Click here to go to the 2019 Fireworks Table Map
- To purchase click here (Instructions below)
- Create a Profile
- Click the START HERE tab
- Click CITY EVENTS
- Click 4th of JULY
- Choose the 2019 4th of July Map
- Change the AVAILABILITY date to 7/4/19
- Choose the table you want and follow the checkout procedure
- Fireworks Donations
- Our Fireworks Extravaganza is paid completely by donations each year from community members, organizations and business. You can help put on this magical event by donating as well. Each donation is tax deductible. Donate by mailing a check (made out to City of Sausalito) to: Julie Myers, City of Sausalito, 420 Litho Street, Sausalito CA 94965