How to apply for a job with the City of Sausalito:
- A list of currently open positions appears in the table below
- Apply online at www.calopps.org/city-of-sausalito
- For questions about job openings or any topic related to Human Resources, please contact Susan S. Paterson, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 289-4130.
The City of Sausalito is a drug free workplace.
Current Job Openings
Hourly Reference Librarian
- Salary/Pay Rate:$29.12/hour
- Posted Date:06/01/2017
The Sausalito Public Library seeks one or more hourly reference librarians to cover occasional morning
and afternoon weekday substitute shifts at our reference desk. This is an hourly, substitute role without
benefits. The current hourly rate is $29.12.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until quota is filled.
- Staff a reference desk at a small public library that is a member of the MARINet consortium
- Answer questions from the public in person and on the telephone
- Assist patrons at public-access computer stations
- Assist with opening and closing the library
- Work on special library projects, as assigned
- Explain library policies and procedures to the public
- Act as senior librarian on duty as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- MLS or similar graduate degree from an ALA-accredited program
Familiarity with Integrated Library Systems (experience with Sierra from Innovative Interfaces a plus)
- Computer and computer problem solving skills (browsers, MS Word, printing, etc.)
- Excellent communication and public service skills
- Experience working at a reference or information desk in a library setting
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Susan Paterson, HR Manager, at (415) 289-4130.
To apply, please fill out and submit a copy of the City of Sausalito Employment Application along with a current resume. Your application and resume should be mailed or delivered to:
City of Sausalito
Attention: Susan Paterson, HR Manager
420 Litho Street
Sausalito, CA 94965
All applicants will need to pass Live Scan processing in order to work for the City of Sausalito.