King Tides May Cause Flooding in December and January
In December 2017, high tides exceeding 6.5' are predicted on the following days:
- Saturday, December 2 at 9:50 a.m.
- Sunday, December 3 at 10:33 a.m.
- Monday, December 4 at 11:18 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 5 at 12:05 p.m.
- Saturday, December 30 at 8:38 a.m.
- Sunday, December 31 at 9:25 a.m.
- Monday, January 1 at 10:12 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 2 at 11:01 a.m.
- Wednesday, January 3 at 11:52 a.m.
- Sunday, January 28 at 8:15 a.m.
- Monday, January 29 at 9:08 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 30 at 10:01 a.m.
- Wednesday, January 31 at 10:53 a.m.
Rain, lowered barometric pressure as a result of winter storms, and wind (especially out of the south) can increase tide heights and inundation areas. Staff from Sausalito Public Works, the Sausalito Police Department, and Southern Marin Fire monitor tides and flood zones especially carefully on each of these days and proactively place "flooded" signs in the areas that are usually affected by tides of these heights.