Fourth of July in Sausalito
Post Date:07/01/2018 9:30 a.m.
Return to full list >>
Wednesday is the Fourth of July, and there is a lot going on in Sausalito. Here's a list of events and tips to help you navigate the day:
- Street closures for the parade begin at approximately 9:30 a.m. at Second Street at Sausalito Boulevard.
- The parade gets underway at 10:00 a.m. at the intersection of Second and Main streets.
- The parade route goes from Second Street to Bridgeway, then along Bridgeway to Caledonia Street. The judging tent for best float, best marching group, and best car will be in front of Robin Sweeny Park, near the north end of Caledonia.
- The Fourth of July picnic begins at noon in Dunphy Park.
- The General Plan Update team will be at Dunphy Park near the jumpy house between noon and 2:00pm. Maps and materials related to the General Plan Update will be available, and City staff and consultants from M-Group will be gathering input from the community on a vision to guide Sausalito's development over the next 20 years.
- More pets go missing on the Fourth of July than any other day of the year. Make sure your pet's ID tags are up-to-date and securely fastened to your pet's collar.
- At 6:30 p.m., there will be music, food, and dancing at Gabrielson Park.
- The fireworks over Richardson Bay will begin at approximately 9:00 p.m.
- Leave the fireworks to the professionals. The best way to protect your family and reduce the risk of wildfire is to not use fireworks at home.