Power Shutoff Updates
Post Date:10/29/2019 9:15 PM
Return to full list >>
- As of 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, October 29, the PG&E outage map was showing that power had been restored to all of Sausalito. Power was restored to Marin City by 8:30 p.m. As reported earlier today, PG&E does not expect any additional outages related to the October 29 power shutoff event that is affecting other counties in the region. The City Hall and Library charging stations have been deactivated.
- The Bay Area Air Quality Management District has issued another Spare the Air Alert for smoke tomorrow, Wednesday, October 30, for the entire region. While good area quality is expected through the region late today through tomorrow morning, air quality is expected to degrade again tomorrow afternoon as winds decrease and smoke drains south into the Bay Area. Strong winds through Wednesday afternoon may also cause growth of the Kincade Fire and new local fires with additional smoke impacts.
- According to the Parks and Recreation Department, a decision about Halloween Sausalito events will be made at noon on Wednesday, October 30.
- The Bay Area remains under a Wind Advisory and a Red Flag Warning. The National Weather Service says, "Another offshore flow event will impact the region Tuesday into Wednesday morning featuring strong and gusty offshore winds and critically low relative humidity. This event will not be as strong as the last event, but still bring critical fire weather conditions to the Bay Area."
About the Shutoff
- View the PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff Event webpage
- Query the PG&E address look-up tool to see if your address is likely to be affected by a power shutoff
- View the PG&E map showing current power outages
- View the Sausalito forecast from the National Weather Service
- Learn more about Public Safety Power Shutoffs
- Prepare to evacuate or shelter in place in the event of a wildfire