Hot Topics is a guide to important issues facing the City of Sausalito. Each of the links below will take you to a page with links to the latest news stories and City Council items on the topic.
- Measures L and M: On July 31, 2018, the City Council voted unanimously to place Measures L and M on the November 2018 ballot to update the City's hotel tax rate and simplify the City's business license ordinance to make it more equitable for businesses of all sizes.
- Bicycle Management: The management of the seasonal influx of bicycles into Sausalito is a perennial issue.
- Dunphy Park: The City will soon be faced with decisions to make about the extent of improvements to Dunphy Park.
- Ferry Landing: The City is working to assure that a renovated ferry landing will have a size and scale that is appropriate to Sausalito.
- Fort Baker Ferry Service: The National Park Service seeks to provide ferry service between Pier 31½ in San Francisco and the existing Fort Baker pier.
- General Plan Update: The City's General Plan last received a complete update in 1996. The General Plan Update is a three-year process that began in 2016.
- Marijuana Regulations: The City of Sausalito currently has an interim ordinance in effect that regulates marijuana activity in Sausalito through November 2018.
- Richardson Bay Anchorage: The Sausalito Police are working to improve conditions on Richardson Bay through the implementation of a Waterfront Management Plan.
- Short-Term Rentals: Rentals of 30 days or less are currently prohibited in Sausalito.
Last update: October 9, 2018