Hot Topics is a guide to important issues facing the City of Sausalito. Each of the links below will take you to a page with links to the latest news stories and City Council items on the topic.
- Short-Term Rentals: Rentals of 30 days or less are currently prohibited in Sausalito. City Council is considering allowing short-term rentals under limited conditions for a pilot program.
- Mobile Showers: In December 2018, the City began a six-month pilot program to offer mobile shower service in Sausalito on a limited basis.
- Sausalito Anchorage: The Sausalito Police are working to improve conditions at the Sausalito Anchorage through the implementation of a Waterfront Management Plan.
- Bicycle Management: The management of the seasonal influx of bicycles into Sausalito is a perennial issue.
- Park Improvement Projects: A number of park improvement projects are Currently underway in Sausalito
- Ferry Landing: Waterside and landside improvements to the Sausalito ferry landing are planned for the coming years.
- Fort Baker Ferry Service: The National Park Service plans to provide ferry service between Pier 31½ in San Francisco and the existing Fort Baker pier.
- General Plan Update: The City's General Plan last received a complete update in 1996. The General Plan Update is a three-year process that began in 2016.
- Marijuana Regulations: The City of Sausalito currently has an interim ordinance in effect that regulates marijuana activity in Sausalito through November 2019.
Last update: December 10, 2018