Hot Topics is a guide to important issues facing the City of Sausalito.
- COVID-19: Updates and links to resources related to the global outbreak of COVID-19 as it affects Sausalito residents.
- Bicycle Management: The management of the seasonal influx of bicycles into Sausalito is a perennial issue
- Ferry Landing: Waterside and landside improvements to the Sausalito ferry landing are planned for the coming years
- Fort Baker: The National Park Service plans to provide ferry service between San Francisco and Fort Baker pier and is also considering development plans for the boat house and marina complex
- General Plan Update: The City's General Plan last received a complete update in 1996. The General Plan Update is a three-year process that began in 2016
- Measures L and M: Measures L and M were passed by the Sausalito electorate on November 6, 2018, to update the City's hotel tax rate and simplify the City's business license ordinance
- Mudflow of February 14, 2019: News related to the mudflow that struck Sausalito Boulevard and Crescent Avenue in the early morning of February 14, 2019
- Park Improvement Projects: A number of park improvement projects are currently underway in Sausalito
- Sausalito Anchorage: Information about the Waterfront Management Plan and Richardson's Bay
- Short-Term Rentals: Rentals of 30 days or less are currently prohibited in Sausalito
- Wildfire Preparedness: Information on local efforts to reduce the risk of wildfire
Last update: March 31, 2020