Hot Topics is a guide to important issues facing the City of Sausalito.
- Sewer Rate Increase: Details on the adjustments to City of Sausalito sewer rates proposed for 2019; a public hearing will be held on June 18, 2019.
- Bicycle Management: The management of the seasonal influx of bicycles into Sausalito is a perennial issue
- Ferry Landing: Waterside and landside improvements to the Sausalito ferry landing are planned for the coming years
- Fort Baker: The National Park Service plans to provide ferry service between San Francisco and Fort Baker pier and is also considering development plans for the boat house and marina complex
- General Plan Update: The City's General Plan last received a complete update in 1996. The General Plan Update is a three-year process that began in 2016
- Marijuana Regulations: The City of Sausalito currently has an interim ordinance in effect that regulates marijuana activity in Sausalito through November 2019
- Mobile Showers: In December 2018, the City began a six-month pilot program to offer mobile shower service in Sausalito on a limited basis
- Mudslide of February 14, 2019: News related to the mudslide that struck Sausalito Boulevard and Crescent Avenue in the early morning of February 14, 2019
- Park Improvement Projects: A number of park improvement projects are currently underway in Sausalito
- Short-Term Rentals: Rentals of 30 days or less are currently prohibited in Sausalito
Last update: June 17, 2019