IntroductionThe City Council has approved a 6-month pilot program to offer a mobile shower service to Sausalito's homeless and waterfront communities. The approval on November 13, 2018, was by unanimous vote of the Council's five members. In approving the pilot program, the Council directed City staff to do the following:
- Work with the Downtown Streets Team to enter into an agreement with Marin Mobile Care to develop and operate a 6-month mobile shower pilot program at Marinship Park and the City Hall parking lot
- Consider appropriate times for the mobile shower service, generally in the morning
- Consider adding an evening time, if warranted
- Conduct outreach to neighboring businesses, faith-based organizations, and potential customers to maximize the number of participants, while minimizing any negative impacts to neighbors
- Return to the City Council in March 2019 with a status report on the program
The City of Sausalito’s Mobile Shower pilot program will be held at the following locations and times in December 2018:
- Tuesday, December 11: Marinship Park, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, December 14: City Hall Parking Lot, 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, December 18: Marinship Park, 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, December 21: City Hall Parking Lot, 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
For those that wish to utilize the mobile showers, please call (415) 497-1318 to make a reservation. If there is no answer, please leave a message. Showers are by reservation only.
The mobile showers will not be operating in Marin County from December 22, 2018 through January 1, 2019.
The mobile shower pilot program will resume in Sausalito on Friday, January 4, 2019 at the City Hall Parking Lot from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00AM.
If you have any questions about the mobile shower pilot program, please contact Lieutenant Bill Fraass at (415) 289-4170 or email@example.com.
- The City Council directed City staff to seek the community's input on mobile showers
- A survey on mobile showers was conducted on the City of Sausalito's Open City Hall website between October 12 and November 13, 2018
- To see the results of the survey, visit the: Survey on Mobile Showers
- The City of Sausalito hosted a public workshop on mobile showers on Tuesday, October 23 from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. in the City Hall Council Chambers
- The workshop was facilitated by staff from the Downtown Streets Team and the Sausalito Police Department
- A video recording of the workshop is available for those who were unable to attend
Articles from Sausalito Currents
- November 30, 2018: Mobile Shower Service Begins December 4
- November 16, 2018: City Council Approves Pilot Program for Mobile Showers
- November 9, 2018: Council to Consider Mobile Shower Pilot Program on November 13
- October 26, 2018: City Hosts Workshop on Mobile Showers
- October 19, 2018: Mobile Shower Workshop at City Hall on October 23
- October 12, 2018: Survey: Should Sausalito Offer a Mobile Shower Service?
- October 5, 2018: Learn About the Mobile Shower Service Proposed for Sausalito
- September 28, 2018: Council Requests More Outreach Before Mobile Showers Decision
- September 21, 2018: City Council to Consider Pilot Program for Mobile Showers
City Council Meeting Archives
- November 13, 2018: Update on Mobile Shower Program
- September 25, 2018: Marin Mobile Care's Mobile Showers
- February 13, 2018: Update on County Homelessness Programs, Outreach Efforts, and Mobile Showers
- Marin Health and Human Services: Homelessness in Marin - the Continuum of Care
- Marin Mobile Care: Outreach Is Our First Step
- Marin IJ, September 2, 2018: Marin Program for Homeless Looks to Expand Success
- County of Marin news release: Homelessness is Next Board Workshop Topic - Supervisors to Devote October 23 Meeting to Important Humanitarian Issue
- Resources for the Homeless in Marin
Questions or Comments
- Any questions or comments about mobile showers may be directed to Lieutenant Bill Fraass of the Sausalito Police Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 289-4170