About the 2020 General Municipal Election
- Registered voters living in the City of Sausalito cast ballots in a General Municipal Election on Tuesday, November 3, 2020
- Sausalito voters will vote to elect three members to the City Council
- Election results may be found at the website of the Marin County Election Department
2020 Qualifying Candidates
The names of the qualified candidates will be shown below.
- October 27, 2020: Last day to apply for a vote by mail ballot, by mail from Registrar of Voters
- November 3, 2020: Election Day.
- December 11, 2020: Election certification. Deadline for the Marin County Elections Office to certify the election results.
Register to Vote
- Residents who have moved or changed their name must re-register to be eligible to vote in future elections. Postage-paid, pre-addressed registration forms may be obtained from any post office, city/town hall, public library or fire station in Marin County. Online voter registration: registertovote.ca.gov
- For more voting information, please visit the Marin County Registrar of Voters website.
- Marin Prepares for November Election Adjustments- News Article
Please contact the City Clerk at (415) 289-4134 to obtain any election forms you may require.
Most Recent Municipal Election
- On November 6, 2018, Sausalito residents voted in a General Municipal Election that featured two ballot measures and two open seats on the Sausalito City Council.
- The final official results of this election are available on the Marin County Elections Department website.
- An archive of past election results dating back to 2009 is also available.