The Role of the Certificates of Participation (CoP) Oversight Committee
- The CoP Oversight Committee was created to ensure that all revenues received from the 2016 Certificates of Participation (CoP), supported by the voters on November 3, 2015 as Measure F and approved by the City Council on December 1, 2015, are spent in accordance within the intent and scope of the approved CoP.
- The CoPs were issued in January 2016 to fund renovations at Robin Sweeny Park, Dunphy Park, Southview Park, and the Martin Luther King, Jr. complex (MLK).
A total of $7,197,965 was received in proceeds from the CoPs to be applied as $1.2 million each to Robin Sweeny and Southview Parks, $1.8 million to Dunphy Park, and $3 million to MLK. Rent proceeds from MLK pay the debt service on the CoPs.
- The five-member CoP Oversight Committee typically meets monthly on the third Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall Conference Room at 420 Litho Street
- All meetings of the CoP Oversight Committee are open to the public
- Meeting times and agendas may be viewed on the meetings and agendas page for the CoP Oversight Committee
- Must be a Sausalito resident
- Must be appointed by the City Council
- The staff liaison is the Administrative Services Director
- To send a group email message to the committee members, use this email address: email@example.com
- If you have any questions about the CoP Oversight Committee please contact the Administration Department at (415) 289-4165 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions about an item under consideration by the committee, please contact the Administrative Services Director at (415) 289-4105
- The Administration window in City Hall is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.