for the voters of the City of Sausalito to decide whether or not to approve the lease of the MLK school site to the Sausalito Financing Authority and the use of revenues from the MLK school site to pay off the Certificates of Participation
MEASURE F reads:
All registered voters within the City of Sausalito had the opportunity to vote YES or NO.
By virtue of the votes cast, Measure F was passed by the residents of Sausalito:
"Yes" Votes 1,474 votes (63.51%)
"No" Votes 847 votes (36.49%)
BACKGROUND INFORMATION: ELECTION DEADLINES AND NOTICES
- A CITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION CALLING FOR THE ELECTION was filed with the Marin County Clerk of the Board and the Marin County Registrar of Voters on August 5, 2015. See the City Council Resolution No. 5536.
- NOTICE OF ELECTION. Notice.
- The IMPARTIAL ANALYSIS of MEASURE F was prepared by the City Attorney of the City of Sausalito and posted on August 17, 2015. IMPARTIAL ANALYSIS
- ARGUMENTS FOR and ARGUMENTS AGAINST this MEASURE F must be filed no later than 3pm on August 17, 2015 with the City Clerk. All Arguments must be submitted with a submission form and a signature form. Click here for a Ballot Measure Argument Submission Form. Click here for the companion Ballot Measure Argument Signature Form.
- REBUTTALS TO THE ARGUMENT FOR and REBUTTALS TO THE ARGUMENT AGAINST this MEASURE F must be filed no later than 3pm on August 24, 2015. Authorization must be provided by the original Filer(s) of the Primary Argument in Favor of or Against the specified measure when a different person(s) will prepare, submit, or sign the rebuttal argument.Click here for the Ballot Measure Rebuttal Argument Authorization Form.
MEASURE F FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND MORE INFORMATION
Yes on F Sausalito 2015: Statement of Organization (Form 410), received August 17, 2015
Forms. If you wish to form a Committee required forms are available through the City Clerk's Office. In general, Form 410 and Form 460 will be required. Click here for FAQ's from the Fair Political Practices Commission regarding required forms and submission.
Contributions and Expenditures. For purposes of this election, contributions and expenditures are governed by Sausalito Municipal Code Chapter 4.10. Specifically, no person or combination of persons may receive or expend more than $1,000 in a calendar year without filing the appropriate financial disclosure forms with the City Clerk. The Sausalito Municipal Code is available at www.codepublishing.com/ca/sausalito/
Most questions arise regarding communications for or against a measure and which are sent out independently or outside of a formed committee. In that regard, communications pertaining to a City measure and funded by an independent expenditure must contain a specific statement, on any material published, displayed or broadcast, that the communication was not authorized by any primarily formed committee supporting or opposing that measure. Additionally, campaign communications funded by an independent expenditure must disclose the identity of the person or committee making the independent expenditure, and the name, city and state of residence of each contributor of cumulative contributions totaling $250.00 or more to the person or committee making the independent expenditure, listed in order of the size of their cumulative contributions, with the largest contributor listed first.
Campaign communications include:
- More than 200 substantially similar pieces of campaign literature distributed within a calendar month, including but not limited to mailers, flyers, facsimiles, pamphlets, door hangers, e-mails, campaign buttons 10 inches in diameter or larger, and bumper stickers 60 square inches or larger.
- posters, yard or street signs, billboards, and similar items.
- Television, cable, satellite and radio broadcasts.
- Newspaper, magazine, internet website banners and similar advertisements.
- 200 or more substantially similar live or recorded telephone calls made within a calendar month.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION ON MEASURE F
City Council Meetings
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please call the City Clerk's office at (415) 289-4134