Holiday Schedule Changes
- During the holiday season, the Building Division will have limited availability for inspections and counter services.
- Wednesday and Thursday, December 26th and 27th, inspections will only be scheduled for afternoon appointments (1:00pm to 4:00pm).
- Monday, December 31st, inspections will only be scheduled for afternoon appointments (1:00pm to 4:00pm). The counter services will also be unavailable for the Building Division during the afternoon (12:00pm- 4:30pm)
- We will return to regular inspection schedules and counter services on Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019.
What We Do in the Building Division
- Regulate construction to ensure that it is safe for occupancy or use through the issuance of Building Permits
- Every building permit requires a Building Inspection to verify compliance with the current California Building Code and Local Ordinances
- Assess Fines and Fees for construction projects
- Establish and enforce Resale Requirements and issue Residential Building Record Reports showing the regularly authorized use, occupancy, and zoning classification of properties before they are sold
- Publish Monthly Reports of building permits issued in the City of Sausalito
- Maintain Forms and Guidelines to simplify interactions with the Building Division
- Any questions about the Building Division or a project related to the Building Division may be directed to (415) 289-4128, email@example.com, or the public counter in City Hall (Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Friday, 8:00 a.m. to noon). ***Starting Thursday, September 6th, 2018, the Building Division will be transitioning to counter appointments with the Building Inspectors every Thursday from 8:00am - 12:00pm in replacement of the every-other Friday appointments.***
- Please see our Staff Directory for the contact information of individual staff members