Planning Permit Applications/Issuance During Marin County Health Officer Order to Shelter In Place
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and out of concern for the safety of staff as well as the public, as of Monday, March 16, 2020, City Hall is closed to the public and the Community Development Department has shifted to planning and building services to virtual appointments/submittals only. The issuance of planning permits will be on a case-by-case basis depending on the nature of the permit and the ability of staff and the public to process the permit while sheltering in place, pursuant to the April 27, 2020, Revised Order from the Marin County Public Health Officer. All submittals other than the Temporary COVID-19 Activities and Encroachment Agreement will be conducted either via email or through E-TRAKiT. Please contact Administrative Aide Maria Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to submit a planning application electronically.
- Temporary COVID-19 Activities and Encroachment Agreement: Use this form if you are a restaurant owner or retailer in Sausalito applying to use public and/or private outdoor spaces to expand operations under shelter-in-place restrictions.
- General Development Application: Use this form for all discretionary applications such as Design Review, Sign Permits, and Conditional Use Permits; the form contains a list of all Planning applications offered by the Planning Department.
- Planning Application Submittal Requirements: Use this form for a list of submittal requirements for most Planning applications.
- Occupational Use Permit Application: If you are operating a business in Sausalito, you must first obtain Zoning approval. Use this form if you plan on operating a business in Sausalito, whenever a business is established in a new location or tenant space, or when an existing business changes its location or changes the square footage of its floor area or land area. Approval of this form is required prior to the issuance of a City of Sausalito Business License.
- Zoning Permit Application: Most permits that require a Building Permit, will require a Zoning Permit. Use this form for all Planning applications
Use this form for all discretionary applications such as Design Review, Sign Permits, and Conditional Use Permits; the form contains a list of all Planning applications offered by the Planning Department.
- Environmental Information Form. Use this form for all discretionary applications such as Design Review, Sign Permits, and Conditional Use Permits.
- Story Pole Requirements and Certification Form. Use this form to certify that story poles for a development application were installed and are in compliance with the City of Sausalito’s established story pole requirements.
- Affidavit required per SMC 10.82.020.D. Use this affidavit form for projects that trigger a view determination by Staff.
- Appeal of Administration Decision/Zoning Administrator Decision. Use this form to file an appeal towards a decision made by the Community Development Director or Zoning Administrator
- Appeal of Planning Commission Decision or Historic Preservation Commission Decision Use this form to file an appeal toward a decision made by the Planning Commission or Historic Preservation Commission
Trees and Views Applications
- Tree Removal/Alteration Permit Application: Use this form for application to any alter, prune, shape, trim, top, or remove any “Protected Tree.”
- Tree Removal/Alteration Permit Application Instructions: This form provides application instructions for Tree Removal/Alteration Permits
- Tree Removal Process Flowchart - Private Property: This form provides the process for Tree Removal/Alteration Permit applications on private property
- Tree Removal Process Flowchart - Public Property or Emergency Removal: This form provides the process for Tree Removal/Alteration Permit applications on private property
- View Claim Application: Use this form for advisory decision on View Claims
- View Claim Application Instructions: This form provides application instructions for View Claims
- Arborist Report Requirements: This guide provides instructions for information that is required to be contained in an arborist report.
- Historical Resource Determination Information Packet: Use this form when:
- Your application results in the alteration to the exterior or publicly accessible spaces of, addition to, or demolition of an existing structure that is over fifty (50) years of age and subject to CEQA, or when an application involves new construction on a previously undeveloped site (concern for cultural landscapes).
- Staff requires this information in order to determine whether a property is or is not a historical resource under CEQA.
- Certificate of Appropriateness Application: Use this form when there is a project to restore, rehabilitate, alter, develop, construct, demolish, remove, or otherwise change the exterior appearance (including paint color) of:
- A structure/site officially deemed a historical resource under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
- A designated Local, State, and/or National Historic Register property.
- A property within a Historic Overlay District.
- Historic Design Guidelines: These Guidelines provide guidance to property owners, decision-makers, staff, and the public for the preservation of the architectural heritage and integrity of the City’s historic resources.
- New Accessory Dwelling Unit Permit Application: Use this form to construct a new ADU or convert space into legal ADU
- Amnesty Accessory Dwelling Unit Permit Application: Use this form to legalize an unpermitted ADU.
Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit (JADU) Permit Applications
- Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit (JADU) Permit Application: Use this form to convert existing space into a JADU
- Amnesty Junior Accessory Dwelling Unit Permit Application: Use this form to legalize an unpermitted JADU
- Planning Division Fee Schedule: Read this document for a current fee schedule for the Planning Division.
- Residential Building Record Report Application
- Code Complaint Form
- Guide to Outdoor Dining Permits
- Professional Services Agreement
- Business License Application
- Inventory of Noteworthy Structures and Other Buildings That May Have Historical Significance
- Business License Application. You must first obtain Zoning approval (an Occupational Use Permit [https://sausalito.hdlgov.com/docs/Occupational_Use_Permit_Application.pdf]) before applying for a City Business License; use this form if you are or will begin conducting business in Sausalito