About Planning Permits
- A planning permit is required for almost all changes to a residential, commercial, or industrial building and any new a residential, commercial, or industrial building in the City of Sausalito
- The purpose of a planning permit is to ensure that the proposal or change complies with city codes and will be architecturally compatible with the existing site and the surrounding area
- Exterior changes include fences, decks, windows, doors, room additions, trellises, patio covers, and gazebos
- A permit is usually required whether the exterior change involves new construction or replacement
- Review the Planning Forms and Guidelines for all planning forms and requirements.
- Please contact a planner if you are not sure what form or forms are required to process your request