Check out our new Virtual Rec Room
Sausalito Parks and Recreation is taking classes, games and fun, and putting it online. Check back daily to stay active indoors, outdoors, and in your mind!
What We Do in Parks and Recreation
- The Sausalito Parks and Recreation Department strives to provide quality programs to Sausalito and its community that enhance growth, expression , and recreation through people, parks, and programs.
- Provide staff support for the Parks and Recreation Commission
- Set policies for Park use and advise City Council on City ordinances
- Maintain the schedule for all parks and recreation facilities
- Maintain the parks and medians
- Act as City of Sausalito liaison for Age Friendly Sausalito, the Hospitality Committee, and Sausalito Beautiful
Roles & Responsibilities
- Programs and Classes:
- Offer a wide range of social and recreational programs and activities for people all ages, including the Bocce League, Edgewater Seniors, Playland, and Children's Birthday Parties
- Produce the quarterly Sausalito and Its Community Magazine, which lists upcoming adult and youth classes, City and community events, Library programs, and other civic activities
- Special Events:
- Produce all City sponsored special events including Jazz and Blues by the Bay summer concert series, Chili Cook-off, 4th of July Parade, 4th of July Picnic, Fourth of July Fireworks, Arias in the Afternoon, Concert for Kids, City Wide Yard Sale, Halloween Sausalito, Outdoor Movie Night, Breakfast with Santa, Sausalito's Souper Bowl, WAG Dog Festival, and Easter Parade and Egg Hunt.
- Issue permits for special events, filming and photo shoots, and banner encroachment
- Parks and Facilities:
- Maintain City of Sausalito parks and medians
- Manage the development of project plans for park improvements
- Provide custodial services for City facilities
- Respond to service requests when a maintenance problem is reported at a City park or facility
- Any questions about the Parks and Recreation Department or a project related to Parks and Recreation may be directed to (415) 289-4152 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please see our staff directory for the contact information of individual staff members
Parks and Recreation: General