Stay up to date on Parks & Rec events on Facebook @sausalitoparksandrecreation
- Saturday September 21, 2019
- 11:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- ROBIN SWEENY Park ***NEW***
- Music by Firewheel
- Unlimited Tasting wristbands $10
- VIPS will be selling food for those not into chili
- Rec'ers will be selling beverages
- Parks and Rec will be selling snow cones and sodas
- Tasting starts at 12:00 p.m. sharp (you can buy a wristband starting at 11:30am)
- Dog Friendly
- Wristbands can be purchased online at cityofsausalito.perfectmind.com starting Sept. 1
- Check in opens on September 21 at 7:00 a.m. Once you check in you will receive your booth number and a staff member will direct you to your 10' x 10' booth space so you can begin set up. Check in closes at 8:00 a.m. Please plan on arriving before check in closes.
- All chili must be cooked that morning at the park. Ingredients may be prepared prior to the cook-off and be put together at the event. Beans may be pre-soaked, onions chopped, garlic pressed, etc.
- Tasting will begin at 12:00 p.m. SHARP and NOT before. Please plan accordingly and start cooking in time to have your chili ready to taste by noon.
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places are awarded in two different categories:
- Judges' Choice: A panel of elite judges will be tasting and judging your chili. Chili for the Judges’ tasting will be collected at 1:00 p.m.
- People's Choice: All participants will purchase a bracelet and in doing so will receive “voting beans”. They will use these to vote for their favorite chili.Judging for People's Choice ends at 3:15 p.m. or whenever you run out of chili - whichever is earliest. Your voting bucket WILL be taken when you run out of chili - no exceptions.
- One booth will also receive the Best Booth Award. This award goes to the booth with the best decorations, set-up, costumes, and ambiance. This will be decided by a secret mystery judge.
- You must cook a minimum of 15 gallons of your famous chili (20 gallons is recommended). Contestants will bring their own materials, supplies, pots, stoves, utensils, tables, and cooking apparatus. There is no electricity available for heat source.
- Each team registered by Sept. 2 will receive two free 2019 Chili Cook-off aprons (with their booth name printed on it) and two Chili Cook-off participant ribbons.
- Please remember this is a family event and use good taste in displays and attire.
- You will be provided compostable 4 oz. tasting cups and spoons by the City of Sausalito.
- Applications for chefs open August 1, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
- To register, go to cityofsausalito.perfectmind.com
- Create a Profile
- Follow the START HERE tab to CITY EVENTS
- Click on Chili Cook-off Chef Registration Chef Table/Tent rentals begin on August 1, 2019 at 9:00am
- There is a MANDATORY Chef Meeting on Wednesday September 11 at 6:30pm in the Game Room at City Hall (420 Litho Street, Sausalito CA 94965)
- Any questions about the Chili Cook-off may be directed to the City of Sausalito Recreation Department at (415) 289-4152 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The offices of the Parks & Recreation Department are located at Sausalito City Hall, 420 Litho Street, Sausalito, CA, 94965