Hello Chili Cook-Off Participant!!!
Thank you for deciding to participate in the City of Sausalito’s 40th Annual Chili Cook Off!
· Check in opens on Sept. 22nd at 7:00 am. Once you check in you will receive your booth number and a staff member will direct you to your 10X10 booth space so you can begin set up. Check in closes at 8:00 am, please plan on arriving before check in closes.
· All chili must be cooked that morning at the park. Ingredients may be prepared prior to the cook-off and be put together at the event. Beans may be presoaked, onions chopped, garlic pressed, etc.
· Tasting will begin at 12:00 PM SHARP and NOT before. Please plan accordingly and start cooking in time to have your chili ready to taste by noon.
· 1st, 2nd & 3rd places are awarded in two different categories:
Judges Choice: A panel of elite judges will be tasting and judging your chili. Chili for the Judges’ tasting will be collected at 1:00pm.
Peoples Choice: All participants will purchase a bracelet and in doing so will receive “voting beans”. They will use these to vote for their favorite chili.
Judging for People's Choice ends at 3:15pm or whenever you run out of Chili - whichever is earliest. Your voting bucket WILL be taken when you run out of chili - no exceptions.
· One booth will also receive the Best Booth Award. This award goes to the booth with the best decorations, set-up, costumes, ambiance. This will be decided by a secret mystery judge.
· You must cook a minimum of 15 gallons of your famous chili. (20 gallons is recommended)
· Contestants will bring their own materials, supplies, pots, stoves, utensils, tables, and cooking apparatus. There is no electricity available for heat source.
· Each team registered by (AUGUST 31) will receive two free 2018 Chili Cook Off aprons (with their booth name printed on it) and two Chili Cook Off participant ribbons.
· Please remember this is a family event and use good taste in displays and attire.
· You will be provided compostable 4oz. tasting cups and spoons by the City of Sausalito.
We are having a MANDATORY Chef Meeting on Tuesday September 11 at 6:30pm in the Game Room at City Hall.