What is a Clearance Letter?
- Current and previous Sausalito residents may request a Sausalito Police Department records check and receive a letter indicating a clear criminal history, a "clearance letter"
- Clearance letters are sometimes needed when applying for a job, when traveling or applying for visas, or during an adoption process
How To Apply For A Clearance Letter
- Download and complete a Clearance Letter Application (PDF-fillable)
- Copies are available at the Sausalito Police Department if you cannot download this form
- A fee of $90.00 must be submitted along with a completed form
- Attach a copy of your Driver License or other government issued photo identification
- Make sure to fill out the application completely, providing all information including previous names and aliases
Submitting Your Application
- You may submit your form and fee in person or by mail:
- Drop off your completed application form and fee in person at the Sausalito Police Department, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Mail your completed application form and fee (check or money order, no cash) to the following address:
Sausalito Police Department
Attn: Records Department
29 Caledonia Street
Sausalito, CA 94965
- For have questions regarding clearance letters please contact the Sausalito Police Department Records Division by phone at (415) 289-4170 or by email at email@example.com