About the Surveillance Camera Registry Program
This new program, known as the "Citizen’s View," is a part of the Sausalito Police Department’s crime prevention strategy. This program will partner residents, neighborhoods and local businesses to help keep our community safe and help solve crime.
How It Works
The Sausalito Police Department asks residents and local businesses across the city to register their privately owned surveillance camera systems. As the Police Department responds to criminal incidents in our community, they may be able to use the information or footage gathered from the security cameras to assist in the apprehension and prosecution of the criminals involved.
Benefits of Registering Your Camera
The Sausalito Police Department is committed to our partnership with residents and business owners.
- Many residents and local business owners currently operate surveillance camera systems on their property
- The Sausalito Police Department may not be aware of a new or existing private security camera system
- When crimes occur in their area, a resident or business owner may not even be aware that their security system may have captured information that could help solve a crime
- In an effort to keep our community safe, surveillance systems that may possess potentially vital information to keep our community safe should be registered with the Sausalito Police Department
- You will only be contacted by the Sausalito Police Department if there is a criminal incident in the vicinity of your security camera.
- Police personnel, if necessary, may request to view your camera footage in order to assist in the investigation.
Help make Sausalito an undesirable place for criminals to commit crime and help keep your entire community safe!
Citizen's View Registry Form
If your residence or business has a security camera system, you can help the police investigate and solve crimes by registering your security camera. Information provided to the Sausalito Police Department regarding your camera systems will be for official use only. Your personal information will be confidential and not be for public dissemination.
Fill out the online form below to register your security camera system. After you've completed the form, you may print a copy of the form before you click the button to submit.