About Online Crime Reporting and Incident Reporting
- This system allows you report a non-emergency incident to the Sausalito Police
- You will also be able to print a copy of the submitted incident report
- Do not use this form in the event of an emergency; please dial 9-1-1 instead
Criteria For Online Incident Reporting
Not all incidents may be reported online. To reduce confusion, and prevent delays in reporting, please use the following list to confirm that you are able to file your report online.
Online Incident Reporting Checklist:
- This incident is not an emergency?
- This incident is not actively in progress?
- This incident occurred within Sausalito City Limits?
- This incident did not occur on a state freeway/highway?
- There are no known suspects?
- There is no physical evidence left at the scene?
If you answered “yes” to every question above then you may file your report online. Please follow the steps detailed below to begin the online reporting process.
If you answered "no" to any question above then you may not file your report online. Contact the Sausalito Police Department for more information by calling (415) 289-4170.
Reporting Non-Emergency Incidents Online
The Sausalito Police Department’s online reporting system allows you to report the following non-emergency incidents:
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Identity Theft
- Lost Property
- Theft from Vehicle
- Vehicle Tampering
If the incident you wish to report does not fall under one of these categories, you may not report it online. Please contact the Sausalito Police Department for more information by calling (415) 289-4170.
All cases filed using the Sausalito Police Department’s online crime reporting system will be reviewed. You may be contacted during the review process if further investigation of your case is required.
Filing a false police report is a crime, and the Sausalito Police Department will aggressively prosecute false reports.
Starting Your Online Incident Report
To start filing your report, click on the “Start Filing Report” button below. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. Review the entire list with definitions and examples before you click “Start Report” button on the next page.
Once you complete this online report process you will:
- See the words “Your online police report has been submitted,” confirming that your police report is complete
- Be given a police report case number
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records (only reports submitted online are available to be printed)
Supplemental Information For Reports Filed Online
If you have already filed and submitted a report online, but you have additional information that you would like to add to your original report, you may supplement it using the online reporting process.
Click the “Start Filing Report” button above, choose the same incident type that you’ve previously reported, select the “Supplemental” option, and then enter your original report number to begin the supplemental report filing process.
Any questions about online incident report filing may be directed to the Sausalito Police Department by calling (415) 289-4170.