- eTRAKiT is a new online public portal that features the ability for the community to access permits and projects issued by the City.
Additional features include:
- Access to research limited archive permits and projects and to all new permits and project
- Viewing the daily inspection list
- Creating an account to allow for more access into permit and project reviews, inspection results, and conditions.
- Instant status updates on projects, permits, and division reviews.
- Online payment portal for registered users to pay fees electronically.
- The ability for a Professional User to apply for the available permits and projects online, as well as submit plans and documents electronically.
How to Create an Account
There are two account types available in eTRAKiT:
- Public Account: Homeowners and Residents of Sausalito
- Create a public account by filling out the application provided through eTRAKiT and clicking "Create Account".
- Professional Account: Contractors, Design Professionals, Engineers, Land Surveyors, Owner/Builders, Public Utilities.
- To create a Professional Account, you must first be registered as an AEC Record with the City.
Please read and complete the Professional Account Guidelines and Application form and email it to the following address that matches your professional field:
PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNT EMAIL ADDRESS Architects firstname.lastname@example.org Contractors and Owner/Builders email@example.com Designers and Business Owners firstname.lastname@example.org Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Public Utilities email@example.com
- In your email, please make sure to head the email as "AEC Record Request".
- Once registered, you will receive a confirmation from City Staff with directions on how to finish your Professional Account set up in eTRAKiT. Each company, agency, and/or firm will be assigned one username and login to be used by all employees.
Please allow at least 24 hours for staff to process emailed requests. Staff process requests on business days only.
How to Apply for an eTRAKiT Permit or Project
Before applying for a permit or project, please ensure that you are registered first for a Professional Account with the City of Sausalito.
Please select the following permit or project available in eTRAKiT below for directions and information on how to apply.
- Re-roof Permit
- Water Heater Replacement Permit
- HVAC Permit
- Planning Projects:
- Engineering Permits
- Encroachment Permit
- NO PARKING Signs
Forms and Documents for eTRAKiT
- Owner Certification Form for electronic Project Submittals
- Professional Account Guidelines and Application Form
Frequently Asked Questions
Please view the step-by-step guides on:
- How to Apply for a Public Account
- How to Apply for a Professional Account
- How to View Permit Information
- How to View Project Information
- How to Apply for a Permit Using eTRAKiT
- How to Apply for a Project Using eTRAKiT
Please contact eTRAKiT Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.