Rentals/Special Event Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

I want to rent a park or facility. What do I do?

(if you have a specific date/time in mind please call (415) 289-4152 to check for availability)

Types of Renter Categories:

  • Non-Profit
  • Resident
  • Non-Resident
  • Commercial; Commercial rates will be charged to anyone profiting from activity/event.

Rates run from $16 to $105 an hour depending on location, facility, and renter category. View a list of all Parks and Facilities Rental Fees

For more information click here to download our Special Event Information Sheet.

For those groups that:

  • are smaller than 75 people
  • are a league or a team having a game or practice
  • are holding an organized event (i.e. a memorial, a birthday party or block party)
  • want a specific date or time
  • are not going to use any amplified sound
  • are not going to serve or sell alcohol*     

Please submit the Park & Facility Rental Request Form.

*for groups that are less than 25 people and want to serve alcohol you MUST also submit the Special Event Alcohol Use Application Form in addition to the Park & Facility Rental Request Form. All submissions must be at least 72 hours before event. 

For those groups that:

  • are larger than 75 people 
  • are requesting to serve or sell alcohol
  • are wanting to use amplified sound
  • are wanting to barbecue

Please submit the Special Event Assessment form. All submissions will be contacted within 3-5 days. A non-refundable application fee may be required and/or additional documentation. All submissions must be at least 7 days before event. For more information about Special Events please click here to check out our Special Event Information Sheet.


I want to do a Film or do a Photo Shoot on the City of Sausalito property. What do I do?

 Submit the Film and Photo Encroachment Permit Application form and you will be contacted within 3-5 days regarding your application. All submissions must be 2 weeks before activity date, or a rush fee may be charged.

Filming Fees:

  • $160 Still Photography
  • $270 Video, Documentary, Corporate, Industrial, Short
  • $475 Commercial
  • $675 TV Series, Feature Film
  • $550 ENCROACHMENT FEE (City streets/sidewalks)

Park rental fees may apply if filming at a city park

If application is turned in within two weeks of filming a 50% surcharge may be applied


I want to put up a Banner in the City of Sausalito. What do I do?

Submit the Banner Encroachment Application form and you will be contacted within 3-5 days regarding your application.

The Banner Placement and Sizes are:

  • Across Bridgeway (@ Shell Station) LENGTH: 25’- 35’    WIDTH: 3’- 4’ WIDE 

  • Fishing Pier on Bridgeway (next to Trident) & Basketball Court Fence @ Robin Sweeny Park  LENGTH: 11’- 11 ½’ MAX   WIDTH: 3 ½’ MAX

  • Flag banners on light poles along Bridgeway (up to 20 flag banners allowed) LENGTH: 84"MAX    WIDTH: 30" WIDE         2" POCKET   


  • Any questions about Rentals or Special Event Permits may be directed to the City of Sausalito Recreation Department at (415) 289-4152 or
  • The offices of the Parks & Recreation Department are located at Sausalito City Hall, 420 Litho Street, Sausalito, CA, 94965